Since my preliminary task, which included a short extract from a radio station with an archive clip featuring a guest, I feel a great sense of achievement and knowledge of the journey I have taken in terms of skills development and my ability to use technology.
I am proud, not just in terms of my ability to use the technology but also in terms of the ways that my research and planning skills have developed. My preliminary task took place with limited research and therefore I realised that I would need to listen to existing radio stations more frequently so that my final extract sounded authentic and matched the correct conventions of the radio shows I was trying to emulate.
I am proud, not just in terms of my ability to use the technology but also in terms of the ways that my research and planning skills have developed. My preliminary task took place with limited research and therefore I realised that I would need to listen to existing radio stations more frequently so that my final extract sounded authentic and matched the correct conventions of the radio shows I was trying to emulate.
The preliminary task helped me develop my basic skills in recording and editing, and to gather ideas for the main task. I found ways to improve, making my extract sound more realistic, look further into audience and being more precise with decisions.
Even though the conventions of both tasks were the same, I had to conduct far more research into my final extract. I needed to know more about the genre of station, the people who listen to it and the time of the show. My research included questionnaires, listening to other stations and looking at a running order. I conducted far more research for my main task, than I did for my preliminary task - which after everything I have done with my main task, sounds basic (though I thought it was great at the time). The most important thing about the preliminary task was that I was able to get an understanding of the equipment and software ahead of using it more extensively for the main task. This actually helped when it came to editing down my recordings as I already had a slight insight into what I needed to do, and what I could achieve.
The differences in editing, technical skills and research is clear in my two extracts. I hope you can see the hard work and effort I went through to create an authentic sounding station.
Here is my main task.
Here is my preliminary task.
No comments:
Post a Comment